Hello hello! Happy Friday! I’m looking forward to one of my first plan-free weekends in AGES and I’m stoked. I’ve got a date night planned with Ryan tonight, in which we’ll break into one of our beautiful wedding gifts (above) and watch a movie, but that’s about the only thing on the schedule. If you need me, I’ll be reading and filling up Pinterest boards with new home inspo!
But first, links!
- The chocolate chip cookie debate: settled. (h/t @lovesomefoods)
- I did not care about seeing Tarzan before this review but now? SOMEONE HAND ME SOME WINE AND A MOVIE TICKET. Amazing.
- How to talk yourself down from a self-esteem spiral.
- Sarah quit the pill and shared her experience of the aftermath.
- A guide to Snapchat for travel bloggers.
- Situations like this – though thankfully never my freaking DENTIST – are why nearly all enquiries about my SAT scores or where I had applied to college were met with a blank stare and a redirection. I got burned a few times and then never again. People are gross and rude.
- I think that this whole story highlights why it’s important to remember that you can generally like or dislike a person and still find fault with or applaud their actions. So, I generally loathe the Kardashians and really like Taylor Swift. But in this situation Kim is dead ass right and Taylor is not only being a mean girl, but not even a very astute one at that. I was really disappointed to see so many #TeamTaylor!!!!!!11!!! tags all over social media. Like, really? She pretty blatantly was a jerk here. You can still like her but think she should have a seat. Anyhoo. That’s a NYT link if you’re rationing your articles for the month! (ALSO KHLOE YOU SUCK AND ARE THE WORST and no I’m not linking to what she did but it’s regarding Chloe Grace Moretz so you can go have a Google.)
- I hope they do this to Bill, too. (I am refusing to acknowledge a world in which Trump wins.)
- I went to college with Marisa so I like to follow her around the internet and cheer from afar. When this popped up on my Facebook feed it simultaneously broke my heart and brought up a lot of emotion for me. It’s horrible to live and worry like this.
- The agony of the digital tease. (NYT)
- This is a “Good Watch”: Clean Eating’s Dirty Secrets.
- #BLAXIT lololololFOREVER.
- Actual “Good Reads”!
- I loved Chris Hayes’ first book and I’m so excited for this one!
- What giving up TV for a month does for your brain and your life.
The Best of the Rest
- GUYS THIS IS JUST THE SWEETEST THING EVER. Ever.
- There’s a lot to unpack in this FKA Twigs cover for ELLE. It’s also worth reading the linked MHP article!
- Look at how beautiful my husband* is!!!!!
- Between this and NearSt, I’m gonna be in trouble.
- I don’t need this but I’m lusting after it. So compact! And cute!
- 57 Songs to Work By, Heal By – and Stay Woke By.
- This is a really powerful stance to take and I applaud it.
Election Stuff (I’ll put this here in case you’re not into politics)
- Thing 1 and Thing 2 of “HOLY SHIT Donald Trump is terrifying” news of the week. There’s also a related New Yorker Radio podcast interview floating around the interwebs somewhere. I’ll see if I can find it!
- Guys. I’m going to miss them so much.
- People are Horrible: A Case Study.
Okay! That’s it for this week! Hope that you’re all looking forward to amazing weekends!