I’m delighted to bring you a special, mini-edition of This and That in honor of International Women’s Day! Here are a few things to inspire you, make you think, and give you the opportunity to reflect!
- First, a primer on what International Women’s Day is.
- Make sure that you check out the Google Doodle today!
- Bridal Musings has a really powerful campaign going on at the moment to end child marriages.
- Over at Book Riot, they have “given the platform over exclusively to women writers and readers from all over the world, and from all backgrounds”.
- The Guardian has assembled a list of readers’ favorite books by women.
- Literature’s Feistiest Females. Although, Stylist, COME ON with that headline.
- Girls Who Code has taught nearly 10,000 young women so far!
- The #BlackGirlMagic Class of 2016.
- And a critique of the above.
- How Dai Qing has since become one of China’s most critical female voices.
- How climate change impacts women the most.
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!
Update: This is actually a great time to ask YOU for your favorite articles/links related to International Women’s Day! The above is by no means comprehensive. Drop your favorite links below in the comments!