Happy Friday (finally)! This week has felt like a full on sprint and I’m suitably exhausted. I’ve had a hyper-focus on business development and growth since the end of last year and I’m starting to feel more fulfilled than I have in years. I’m hoping, of course, that all of this hard work pays off in helping people and businesses knock their audiences’ socks off and I have a sneaking suspicion that it will. 😉
This week we also got some snow in Bristol for the first time in what feels like eons. Of course, I slept through it. But! There was still enough of a dusting in our garden for me to feel the magic of the first snowfall of the season. It wasn’t quite a winter wonderland, but I’ll take what I can get!
I’ve got lots of great links for you this week, so tuck in and read on! I’m warning you though that like half of these are going to be lols that I came across on Twitter because how else is a girl going to numb the pain of the madness going on in Washington?
Blogging + Business
- I got Ryan a juicer for Christmas (so now I have like one tiny shelf in the fridge for my stuff versus his billion shelves for his mounds and mounds of vegetables). But, guys! Juicing is EXPENSIVE! Here’s a helpful article on how to juice on a budget.
- How Sarah doubled her email list. Amazing results!
- Freelancers: 6 tips to get your finances in order.
- 3 photo styling tips to improve your Instagram photos.
- On starlets and their gowns during awards season. Super interesting! “But you don’t feel they have been bought. That distinction matters.”
- “Stay there, prove everyone wrong.” Can you guys PLEASE stop chopping onions in here?! My god.
- This is so helpful if one of your New Year’s resolutions was to cut the sugar overload!
- “‘Spat on and ignored’: what I’ve learned from a month sleeping rough in London.”
- This isn’t a “read” but a “watch”. I read about this TED talk while reading the wonderful Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes: Your body language shapes who you are.
- Readers, I laughed, but I also cried and worried about our future.
- 2016 in reading by Menshah Demary.
The Best of the Rest
- We have absolutely been spoiled these last 8 years with such beautiful and classy (and smart and kind and dedicated) First and Second Ladies.
- I love this! Toya becomes the world’s first Jamaican, patois-speaking dolley.
- OMG OMG OMG I CAN’T WAIT!!!
- I want to be mad at my other husband, Idris Elba, for not spending Valentine’s Day with me but at least it’s for a good cause!
- Viola Davis is too much with her beauty and clear supremacy over us mere mortals.
And that’s it for this week! Except! One small bit of news! I’m going to be augmenting (not converting) This & That with a newsletter! It’s going to be a bit more dynamic than the regular blog post, with photos, tips, quotes, and all that good stuff. So make sure you sign up using the form below (I promise that I won’t ever, ever spam you). And while you’re at it, make sure to like Today, I’m Bobbi. on Facebook!