This post is going to be short and sweet because, my god, what the hell was this week and how did we survive?
I’m exhausted and looking forward to crawling into bed at 5pm on the dot and not getting out again until Monday morning.
This week wasn’t all bad, of course. We had an amazing Valentine’s Day. The book club that I started with Victoria from Bridges and Balloons met for the first time and it was wonderful. We’ve got a really amazing group of women together and I can’t wait for our next meeting! And finally, I took some headshots (see above!) after turning my office into a mini-studio. I needed a photo in a pinch and won’t have my professional shots taken for a few weeks, so I made do!
But, I’m tired. And the news is only making me more tired. I’m pumping the breaks on Trump Disaster Watch this week, so rest assured that this is a Cheeto-free zone.
So let’s get to the links, yes?
Blogging and Business
- How to discover your biorhythm type and use it to work smarter.
- Love this post from Tania.
- 17 women designers to watch in 2017. So much talent there!
- Maya shares some great tips for planning your content and boosting your traffic.
- How not to end up with the wrong camera gear.
- This post from Ché is honest and fantastic and she’s just the best.
- “In Fifty Shades Darker, I experienced the reverse — the kissy (and spanky) sequences offered the only respite from the hideously painful storytelling.” Yikes.
- This is what America looked like under Jim Crow.
- This article takes a much-needed look at why multiracial families cannot save the world from racism: “The shades of tan and curl patterns associated with multiracialness conflate a political ideal with an aesthetic one.“
- Okay, I didn’t give much thought to Marvel’s shared universe before (I love the Netflix shows and with the exception of the Captain America movies can leave the rest), but after reading this, I want more. How are they going to pull everything together? Should they? I like my Luke Cage not bogged down by The Hulk, thank you very much.
- Revenge of the Lunch Lady: How an unassuming bureaucrat outsmarted Jamie Oliver and pulled off an honest-to-god miracle in one of America’s unhealthiest cities.
- This series about women in office is incredible.
- 10 public high school teachers weigh in on Betsy DeVos, who is an actual disaster.
- I’m still so pissed off about this. I hope Tamron goes scorched earth (on Matt Lauer, at the very least) and that her and Joy Reid ride into the sunset to create amazing content and produce strong journalism for literally anyone but the bozos at NBC.
- This is a really interesting post about Princess Pamela!
The Best of the Rest
- This concept is fantastic! Can’t wait for the listings in Bristol to grow!
- Dear men, take the photo.
- Who knew that Remy Ma is a massive Potterhead?!
- Okay this looks yum and I’m making it for dinner tonight.
- Your Government. Made Simple.
Okay – that’s it! Happy Friday! Happy weekend!