Hi, friends! Let’s get into a few links this week, shall we? I have SO many saved up from the last few
weeks months that I’d love to share with you. Some might be hopelessly out of date but I figure when it comes to This and That, late is better than never!
Let’s dig in!
- In case you missed it, I was featured on a podcast! Go listen!
- Kristen is one of my forever-clients and we recently COMPLETELY revamped her brand and site!
- You all know how much I love working on a good travel blog design! Julia was such a star to work with!
- I recently had the privilege of working with a great musician on his site. Go and check out Derik!
- I absolutely love working with clients multiple times over the years. It was such a treat that both Natalie and Beverley were after portfolio sites to showcase their work and services. Thanks for having me, ladies!
Blogging and Business
- I’m a big fan of Maya and loved this quick recap of her story.
- Anyone else here a Katy Tur fangirl? Anyone?
- On getting paid.
- Love the outtakes of a travel blogger.
- A nice look at how the sausage is made: James Comey Hearing Edition.
- “How to talk to your white best friend about racism.”
- Read this and then go read the related and important A Colony in a Nation by Chris Hayes.
- How TV became respectable without getting better.
- Who gets to own “Black Girl Magic“?
- Speaking of black girl magic…
- I was thinking about getting an Instant Pot but after reading this – and remembering that I already have not one but two slow cookers – I backed away from Amazon and came back to my senses.
- On how men just don’t trust women and why that’s a problem.
- Poor Queenie.
- What we lose when we give awards to men like Casey Affleck.
- On judging a person by their books.
The Best of the Rest
- Ryan announced that he’s taking me to see Wonder Woman during date night this week and the only thing better than that news is this.
- This photo series is so good but that photo with the little girl in front of the dolls? Incredible.
- “Maybe there weren’t any grown-ups, only people who had worked hard and also got lucky and were slightly out of their depth, all of us doing the best job we could, which is all we can really hope for.”
- How to be awesome: Defend your PhD in a princess dress!
- What a wonderful initiative to help Bristol’s homeless.
- This video broke my heart.
- I need this, right?
That’s it for now! Happy Friday!