Woo! Friday! You did not come quickly enough! I’m excited to dig into the weekend, iron out some wedding details, and re-watch Season One of Homeland because I think that I sleep-watched it the first time and I need a new drama to sink my teeth into! We’re looking forward to lots of rain this weekend so that gives me heaps of time for binge watching, yoga, reading, and catching up on all the sleep that I missed this week!
But, you’re here for the links, so here they are!
- Not too much to peddle this week! Just make sure that you check out my Porto series and my recap of the Angel Haze concert in Bristol, at which I got my ENTIRE life.
- My girl Tara shares lots of fun pre-wedding tips!
- And my girl Ché is just a bucket of inspiration! Go, Ché! Go!
- 3 ways to be more mindful.
- Freya’s work is just consistently amazing.
- Life as a female refugee: “You don’t know who to trust.”
- “Mixed marriages are changing the way we think about our race.”
- Nigeria’s Booming Film Industry Redefines African Life.
- The crossroads of should and must.
- On parsing.
- Why Do Black Women In Movies Have To Choose Between A Weave And A Relationship?
- So! This article is a companion to this episode of This American Life and I think both are well worth the read and the listen.
The Best of the Rest
- I’d never heard of this before! I honestly don’t think I could hang in Louisiana. Add it to the list of places I might never get around to, next to Vegas.
- What I would give to be able to see Hamilton live!
- What an amazing initiative from Miami Heat alum Ray Allen!
- PRINCE! Never change!
- Same goes for you, Ellen and Adele!
- J.K. Rowling and Chamillionaire as BFFs! Who knew?!
- I laughed so hard at number 6 that I haven’t made it any further!
- This is so cool: Jay Z recreating his album covers in his 2009 Rhapsody commercial.
- Guys. Milk is…cereal sauce.
- And another Parks & Rec fix if you’re in the mood.
And that’s it! I’ve got a few more work things to wrap up, a long run to soldier through even though it is all of like, one degree outside, and that’s a wrap on the week! Hope that you all are looking forward to a great weekend!