Happy Friday! I spent all day yesterday feeling like it was Friday, so this is a tad anti-climactic for me but…bygones.
If you missed my post on Wednesday you can find that here. It feels so good to bring this space back to life. So, so good.
Per usual, I’m thrilled for the weekend: my sister is coming to town, we’re having brunch with a girlfriend, and I’ve got some books on tap that I can’t wait to dig into. This week marked my last week of Whole 30 (for now) so I’ve also got some carbs to eat. 🙂
Why don’t we go ahead and jump into the links? It’s been a while…
- I’ve (finally) started offering maintenance packages for my design clients! I’ve got a great range of offerings that include solutions for everyone from those who just need eyeballs on a site to make sure things are running smoothly to blogstars looking for a leg up. You can check out the options here.
- Y’all know I love a good food blog. I was so thrilled when Jessica approached me to move her site from Squarespace to WordPress and rebrand the blog. Check out the finished product here!
- I don’t usually share works in progress, but we are talking about food, after all!
- And I thiiiiiiink I might have shared this recent site design, but just in case!
Blogging + Business
- Here are some typography terms that all designers should know.
- Instagram is FINALLY letting us schedule posts! I’ve been using the Plann App for a while now to plan out my feed and I’m thrilled to hear that they’ll be pushing out an update to take advantage of this huge change. (And hey, Twitter, giving us that “edit” button would be GREAT. THANKS.)
- Here’s a great resource on choosing imagery that aligns with your message.
- You are your own limiting factor.
- This set of interviews of four women who chose to live in isolation is so interesting!
- From November of last year, The Year in Push Alerts explores how the onslaught of breaking news has changed our lives since November 2016. Related: I’ve turned these off because I enjoy my sanity.
- Had you told me a few years ago that Ellen Pompeo and Reese Witherspoon would be two of the baddest, truth telling bitches in the game, well, I would have told you that I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
- Hey, Ken!
- “The stories we tell and the stories we don’t.”
The Best of the Rest
- This has it all for me! Nerd appeal! Excellent animation! Teaching me new stuff! Making me feel like the world is just SO DAMN HUGE WHAT EVEN????
- Would you be game for your friend being your mortgage holder? This seems so alien to me but I’m glad it’s working out!
- Speaking of money: The “Opportunity Costs Project” from Death, Sex, & Money is equal parts fascinting and heartbreaking.
- Here’s the cast of Black Panther giving me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- I’m a big fan of this approach.
- The 10 people Facebook thinks may know you.
- Months later and I am still laughing at this.
And that’s it for now, friends! Happy weekend!