Happy Friday, everyone! This week was pretty great – I’m not sick anymore! I reached some major fitness goals! Snow! – and I’m pumped to head into the weekend so let’s get to links so I can get to work so that I can wrap up this week, shall we?
Blogging + Business
- Here’s some great advice on how to take better travel photos!
- There really aren’t enough words to describe how much I love Karen. I’ll let her own words stand instead:
This is it, friends. This is what it means to be an ally: not waiting for permission to speak or, God forbid, claiming yourself as an expert in the experience of certain folks if you’re not, but it does mean being aware of how you and your work is perceived, and being mindful that you and your words are clear in you values of equality and equal opportunity for all. It’s really brilliant.
- Here’s a great list of resources for free and paid paper textures!
- I enjoyed reading this honest (I hope) take on affiliate marketing + Instagram.
- Here are 9 ways to make more time for reading! I just joined my local library so I love that that tip is in there! I’ve got three books on the way and I’m stoked!
- Ed Yong spent two years trying to fix the gender imbalance in his stories and here’s what he found.
- I LOVE chai and love this.
- This story is bananas. Yikes.
- If you live under a rock and haven’t heard, Quincy Jones has lost his mind!!!
- Need a beginner’s guide to meditation? Here you go!
The Best of the Rest
- THIIIIIIIIIIS. I’ve taken a HUGE step back from engaging with people who refuse to…engage? If you’re not coming into a conversation in good faith, I’m out.
- The Girl Scout in me is just so horrified by this entire article!!!
- Ugh I’ve been lusting after a more portable camera for ages and I’m now obsessed with this one.
- Speaking of cameras, this saga combines my love of all things camera and true crime!
A Helping Hand
The world is so dark and stormy and I want to inject a little light. For the next little while I’ll be featuring campaigns from Donor’s Choose and other direct giving platforms in case any of you guys are feeling the same! I know that giving is an intensely personal thing but as I was looking for a charity to donate my upcoming half-marathon race to I realized that I love seeing how others are helping as a form of guidance and community. In that spirit, here are a few campaigns that could use some love if you want to have a look:
- A Youth and Yoga retreat for kids in Houston, TX.
- Help 3-5th graders get 3 iPads to bridge the learning gap created by limited access to technology.
- The students in Flint, MI need books (and CLEAN WATER, MY GOD, AMERICA…) and we can help!
Lastly, despite the forecast of sun today: WE GOT SNOW! So I celebrated by making you a little clip of what I got to enjoy while I sipped my morning coffee. (If you’re in a feed reader you may have to click through to see the video!)